Exciting Opportunity for Adventurous Backpackers! August - February (with opportunity to extend timeframe).
Work while enjoying what the Mighty Waikato and Beautiful Bay of Plenty have to offer.
As a machine operator on our automated packaging line, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our potting mix and compost packaging machinery. Your journey with us will not only be about work but also about discovering the magic of Matamata and the country that surrounds it.
What you will do:
- Read production schedules and plan accordingly.
- Ensure all packaging materials are available for the days production.
- Monitor and adjust machines as required to maintain seal integrity and filling consistency.
- Planning for machine changeovers.
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as required.
- Monitor bag weights and product quality and appearance.
- Participate as a vital team member while working in a safe and responsible manner.
What you will need:
- Ability to follow instructions & adapt to changing situations.
- Strong communication skills and a team-oriented mindset.
- Prior experience in machine operation or production environment a plus but training can be provided.
Why join us:
- Enjoy good pay rates that allow you enjoy the experiences of the region.
- Gain hands on experience in machine operation.
- Work in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Become part of a safety conscious team that prioritizes your wellbeing and encourages a positive work-life balance.
Postcode: 3472 (Matamata, Waikato)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: August 2023
A business built on dedication and commitment to quality and service.
From humble beginnings, family-owned Daltons now have a state-of-the-art manufacturing plant and are recognised throughout New Zealand for their Quality Assurance Programme, outstanding customer service and utilisation of natural and renewable resources.
Daltons are respected for our strong family values and total commitment to the horticultural industry.
Daltons has grown from supplying shingle and sand to the manufacture and supply of potting mixes and landscape products. One thing that hasn’t changed in our 76 years of business is our dedication and commitment to quality and personal service. These are cornerstones of our company’s values.
Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics