Privacy collection statement
Five Bees Media Pty Ltd trading as Backpacker Job Board ABN 70 631 879 546 (we, us or our) is committed to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The purpose of this statement is to advise you that we may collect, use and disclose various personal information about you, including but not limited to your name, contact information such as email address and telephone numbers, IP address, and for job seekers: date of birth, visa status, photograph, gender, current location, date available for work, personal information contained in resume or CV, and personal information contained within your biography or cover letter.
This collection is for the purposes of providing services to you or someone else you know; providing you with promotional material and information; facilitating our internal business operations; analysing our services and customer needs; because we are required or permitted by any law; and for job seekers: your actual or possible work placement, and informing you of possible work opportunities.
In order to provide services to you, we may disclose your personal information from time to time to:
- our employees, contractors, and related and affiliated entities for the purpose of providing our services, operating our business, and fulfilling requests by you;
- service providers who assist us in operating our business and services, and such personal information will only be used to the extent necessary to perform the services;
- our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations so that those organisations may provide you with information about services and various promotions;
- third parties to whom you have agreed we may disclose your information;
- for job seekers: employers with whom you have applied for employment opportunities;
- for employers: applicants;
- the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary;
- third parties where required by law, binding regulation or court order;
- the Fair Work Ombudsman and other relevant government authorities; and
- a proposed or actual purchaser/newly controlling entity of a sale and/or transfer of control of all or part of our business, where your personal information is relevant to any part of the business for sale and/or transfer.
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide you with the services you are seeking. It is up to you to update your personal information. If you are unable to update your personal information held by us yourself you must notify us of the changes as soon as reasonably practicable.
We are assisted by a variety of external service providers to deliver our services, some of whom may be located overseas. These third parties are too numerous to list, and they change from time to time. Some examples of the types of third parties include:
- technology service providers including:
- website analytics providers such as Google located in the US;
- cloud, data, and service providers such as Paypal, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest located in the US; and
- hosting service providers;
- developers, IT system administrators, and support staff, located in South America. While our developers and support staff rarely access live data, they may do so when troubleshooting complex support requests or bugs, or designing new functionality to address your feature requests; and
- promotion or marketing service providers, such as Campaign Monitor located in the US.