New Zealand Tax Refunds
Have you worked in New Zealand? If so, you would’ve paid between 12.5% and 38% income tax on your earnings and could be owed a tax refund. Taxback.com provides tax refunds for working holidaymakers and has joined forces with Backpacker Job Board to provide you with a free tax refund estimation.
Taxback.com customers get an average tax refund of NZ$550 from New Zealand. To claim your NZ tax refund you need either your Summary of Earnings or your final payslip.
The amount you get back depends on factors such as:
- How long you’ve been working in New Zealand
- If you were taxed incorrectly
- The type of work you did
- How much you earned
New Zealand Tax Facts:
- The New Zealand tax year runs from 1st April to 31st March
- You need an Inland Revenue Department tax number to work in New Zealand
- The average NZ tax refund is $550
- You need your Summary of Earnings or final payslip to claim your tax back