For Those Who Dream Bigger
Our guests choose to stay with the iconic Hermitage Hotel because of the unique location, amazing views, and the excellent service throughout their stay. Our team choose to work with us because of the unique lifestyle, adventure on the doorstep, and being part of an excellent team, a community, and a family. We offer more than just a place to stay – we offer an experience.
Our Housekeeping team are a key factor in ensuring guests have a comfortable room to go back to after a day of exploring or taking in the views from the Café.
What you will be doing
• Performing all necessary housekeeping activities to ensure guest rooms are serviced according to the hotel standards
• Ensuring any room maintenance requirements are reported to maintenance
• Following our company procedures and using the correct cleaning materials and equipment
• Supporting and meeting targets to ensure the hotel and all its facilities are always presented to a high standard
• Restocking trolleys, the linen room, and supply cupboard at the end of each day helping set tomorrow’s team up for success
• Assisting in cleaning and maintaining standards across public areas of the hotel
What you will bring to the role
• Experience in housekeeping operations or commercial cleaning is preferred
• Flexibility to work rotating shifts, including weekends and public holidays
• Excellent attention to detail
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Subsidised accommodation, including Wi-Fi and power
• Free access to all activities offered by the Hermitage Hotel, along with generous discounts on food and beverage, available from your first day on the job
• Discounted hotel accommodation for Friends and Family
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Stunning surroundings and unparalleled views – a short and remarkable commute to work
• Frequent staff events and opportunities to connect with your team and community
• Opportunities to grow, develop and upskill, along with working in other departments to broaden your experience
• Discounts through our parent company, Trojan Holdings Ltd, including discounted ski passes
• Applicants should be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
• Please contact the HR Manager on if you require more information before applying
So, if this sounds like you, apply now and start the experience of a lifetime today.
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: April 2022
In the heart of the majestic Mackenzie Country, in the valley beneath Aoraki Mount Cook, The Hermitage Hotel offers a complete year-round alpine holiday experience.
A range of accommodation with several restaurants and bars suits all travellers Don't miss the new Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre with New Zealand's first full dome digital Planetarium, 3D Theatre, Museum and Hillary Gallery.
Your visit to Aoraki Mount Cook is not complete without experiencing Glacier Explorers an amazing up close encounter with New Zealand's largest glacier, the Tasman Glacier.