Freshback Limited is looking for glasshouse workers to join our team ! This position will be available for all year.
We are located in Parakai, in west Auckland.
About the job:
As part of the glasshouse team, your jobs will include:
- Picking the tomatoes using electric/non-electric trolleys
- Pruning the plants (for those who are new to horticulture, it is removing smaller growth to optimise the growth of the whole plant)
- Twisting the plants (tomato plants can grow tall! So we twist a string around the main stem to help them grow vertically without falling over)
You will be working Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 2-3 pm and the occasional public holiday. Minimum of 2 months up to 6 months or longer.
What are we looking for?
- You don’t need to be experienced for this role as training will be provided.
- Must have your own reliable transport
- Have the ability and motivation to do physical work
- Don’t mind working in the heat and with heights
- Be fit and able to stand for long periods and lift crates
- Must be eligible to work in New Zealand with a valid WHV or work visa
- Have an IRD number and bank account
Postcode: 874 (Parakai, Auckland)
Not a backpacker? That's ok. We accept applications from New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, international students as well as working holiday visa holders. If you are qualified for this position, please register and apply via the form below.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: March 2022
Tomato growing company
Farming, Animals & Conservation