We are currently seeking Wait Staff to join the service/restaurant team at Helena Bay Lodge, a seasonal luxury lodge, located in Northland, New Zealand. The restaurant at Helena Bay Lodge is a consultancy of Don Alfonso 1890, a two Michelin star restaurant in Southern Italy. This position is well-suited to serious hospitality candidates who enjoy providing an exceptional standard of service in a fine dining environment.
This is a full time, seasonal position which requires flexibility and commitment. The roster includes morning, afternoon and evening shifts over 7 days. There is the possibility for candidates who complete a successful first contract to return for a second season.
The successful candidate will:
• Have previous hospitality experience (superyacht or high-end hospitality experience a bonus)
• Have a passion for food and beverage
• Have a good command of verbal and written English
• Have excellent attention to detail, an ability to multitask and use initiative
• Have excellent customer service skills and an ability to understand and respond to individual guest needs
Job duties include:
• Greeting and interacting with guests with a professional and positive attitude
• Preparation, set up and clean up for all meal services, picnics, in room dining and private dining
• Food and beverage service for all meals
• Maintaining the cleanliness of the dining wing
• Liaising with the Maitre D regarding stock management for all F&B related items
• Taking all practicable steps to ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
• Proactively dealing with guest queries, requests and complaints
• Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Maitre D and/or Interior Manager
In order to be considered for this position you must meet the following criteria:
• Have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand, for the entirety of the season (until 31st May 2019) with no restrictions
• Have a FULL New Zealand drivers licence and a reliable car to transport yourself to and from work
• Be able to work all days and shifts, in a full-time capacity
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Helena Bay Lodge
Member since: November 2018