Sweet As Tour Guide - New Zealand
Here at Sweet As, we like to see things how they should be. As a tour guide, it’ll be your job to get our travelers safely around New Zealand!
Why work for Sweet As Travel?
Soon to be one of New Zealand’s best tour operators for 18-35’s, Sweet As isn’t just a job, it’s a lifestyle! A lifestyle that involves traveling round arguably the most beautiful, exotic locations in the world, meeting the most amazing people. Our goal is to offer genuine value, unbeatable experiences and affordable travel!
Seeking an amazing casual to full-time guide, you’ll be working up to 14 days on, 7 days off from October - May. With your food & accommodation included, you’ll be babysitting up to 20 of our eager travelers through New Zealand’s highlights, getting just as much involved as they are! As fulfilling as it may sound, the role can be demanding and comes with heaps of responsibility! So, basic duties will involve:
- Assisting the driver with navigation.
- Assisting the Trip Manager with cooking, meal preparation & cleaning.
- Guiding clients through New Zealand’s best walks.
- Assisting clients with activity/ accommodation management & bookings.
- Accompanying various activities.
As the face of Sweet As, we expect only the best, so for this, you’ll need to:
- Have a passion and be enthusiastic about travelling.
- Be responsible and professional at all times.
- Have the ability to deal with all types of people - our travellers come from all around the globe; they speak many languages and have many different expectations.
- Enjoy a challenge - the job will constantly present many different & sometimes difficult situations.
- Work well as part of a team - when you are on tour you will be working as a couple, along with local suppliers and various companies – all part of the big picture.
So we’re looking for people who have:
- Strong presentation & communication skills.
- Strong relationship and managerial skills.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and stress.
- Strong punctuality and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong motivational skills.
- An extrovert and social personality.
And would prefer if you have:
- Previous experience in the travel industry.
- Previous experience in tour guiding.
- General knowledge of Maori culture & local geology.
- What are the requirements?
- Have NZ residency or hold a valid NZ visa for the right to work.
- Have good references and a clean police record.
- Have a First Aid Level 1 qualification (can be provided).
- Be English speaking.
And would prefer if you have:
- Class 2 driving license.
- Passenger Endorsement.
- Guiding qualifications.
How do I apply?
Get in touch and send in:
- A scanned passport copy (associated visa documents if a non-resident).
- Your CV.
- Alternatively visit: https://sweetastravels.com/contact-jobs/
What happens next?
Once we have reviewed your application you will hear from us via email – all correspondence will be via email. If we think that you may be suitable for a position we will invite you to an individual interview.
Interviews are held in Auckland, New Zealand. Following a successful individual interview, you will be offered a position for our 2018/19 trips.
When do applications close?
Once all positions are filled.
Is there anything else I should know?
Yes - you have to put in an application to give yourself the opportunity! Apply now, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Casual
Salary: $900.00 to $1,000.00 /week