WORK, LIVE & PLAY IN AORAKI/MOUNT COOK NATIONAL PARK
For Those Who Dream Bigger
At The Hermitage Hotel, our guests choose to stay with us because of the unique location, amazing views, and the excellent service throughout their stay. Our team chooses to work with us because of the unique lifestyle in a remote location, amazing views on your doorstep, and being part of an excellent team, a community, and a family.
Part of the Hermitage Hotel, Glacier Explorers offers a unique experience in New Zealand. Our guides take guests on a fun and informative boat excursion, interacting around icebergs and up to the mighty terminal face of NZ’s largest glacier.
Our guides are responsible for sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm for the area with our guests. No day on the Tasman Lake is ever the same and this offers variety and challenge like no other role.
What your day will look like
Our Drivers are responsible for transporting guests between our activities. You are sometimes their first experience and the last one to say good bye at the end of their trip so it's important that you can build rapport quickly. Key responsibilities include;
• Work with other activities team members to create an exceptional product for clients
• Demonstrate knowledge of the flora, fauna and natural history of the Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park
• Daily checkin of guests, ensure the 'screening' of guests (for appropriate warm clothing / footwear / health issues) and ensuring on time departures for each trip
• Ensuring the safe transportation guests between the hotel and Tasman Valley
• Ensuring all vehicles are maintained in a clean and tidy manner for all guests
• Conducting guided and structured 4WD tours through the Tasman Valley to view the glacier
• Completing all required checks and procedures including pre-departure and start up checks, and additional checks required in bad weather or adverse conditions,
• Deliver a safe and professional service at all times,
• Ensure absolute compliance with ALL LTNZ rules and regulations i.e. correct logbook entries / rest periods and any other legal requirements as a professional driver.
• Demonstrate an understanding of both Health & Safety (including accident reporting procedures) and emergency procedures,
To be successful, you will need:
• A full, clean NZ driver’s license and proven solid driving experience
• A Class 2/4 and P endorsement is essential
• The ability to manage a group and strong public speaking and communication skills
• Proactive timekeeping skills
• A love for the outdoors and an outgoing personality
• A strong sense of responsibility, commitment and reliability
• All positions at Aoraki Mt Cook Alpine Village Ltd have subsidised accommodation as part of our unique lifestyle package, with the weekly board rates including WiFi and power. Due to the idyllic, isolated location of Mt Cook, you will need to be comfortable working and living in a remote location. Please note, this role requires you to live in Aoraki / Mt Cook Village
• While we attempt to recruit any suitable New Zealanders who are available to do the work, we recognise this isn’t always possible, therefore, if you are currently in New Zealand or looking to relocate and require visa support we may be able to assist you, please submit your CV or email [email protected] for more information.
So, if this sounds like you, apply now and start the experience of a lifetime today.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: April 2022
In the heart of the majestic Mackenzie Country, in the valley beneath Aoraki Mount Cook, The Hermitage Hotel offers a complete year-round alpine holiday experience.
A range of accommodation with several restaurants and bars suits all travellers Don't miss the new Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre with New Zealand's first full dome digital Planetarium, 3D Theatre, Museum and Hillary Gallery.
Your visit to Aoraki Mount Cook is not complete without experiencing Glacier Explorers an amazing up close encounter with New Zealand's largest glacier, the Tasman Glacier.