Food Production Assistant
Organic Farm New Zealand
About the Position
Organic Farm New Zealand is located on a remote private estate in the beautiful Fiordland region, a 30-minute drive from the nearest town of Te Anau.
Bio-Gro certified since 2006, OFNZ produces custom-made, high-end, organic freeze-dried health foods and drinks primarily for export.
We are looking for a highly dependable team player to join our staff as a Food Production Assistant. If you have an interest in commercial food production and working with specialized industrial machinery, this is the role for you.
Food Product Assistant will operate specialized machinery and equipment and perform other routine tasks related to manufacturing and food production. Processing methods include freeze-drying, air-drying, steaming, mixing and blending, baking, cold-press and extraction, juicing, fermenting, bottling and packaging. You will be responsible for operating machines as well as some tasks which will be completed by hand, such as packaging, weighing, bottling and maintaining inventories and storage. You will also be responsible for making sure the work environment is kept clean and hygienic.
• Monitor food production machines and make adjustments to the controls for devices such as juicers, steamers, boilers, ovens, freeze-driers and cookers
• Program kitchen equipment to operate according to recipe standards and adjust cooking temperature and time
• React to any type of alarms or malfunctions of the equipment and operate the shut-off switch when necessary
• Load raw ingredients into the food production machines and measure the amount needed by following recipes and industry standards
• Follow written instructions and recipes when putting together ingredients and starting a new batch of products
• Remove the finished product from the production line and put batches to the next step of the processing procedure
• Verify that each finished item meets the quality standards of the company by observing the size, shape and quality of each product
• Sanitize all materials and machinery parts at the end of each shift and clean the workspace according to food safety standard.
• Wage earning experience in commercial food production or industrial kitchen (preferred, not required)
• In-depth understanding of food health and safety regulations
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• The ability to stand for extended periods & lift heavy items
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail and responsibility to complete tasks successfully and within expected timeframes.
• Salary will be commensurate with education and experience
• Seasonal and full-time positions available
• Work holiday visa / legal right to work in NZ
• Multiple job openings available
• Health lifestyle, please no smoking
Please send CV and brief introductory email to
Daily transportation to and from workplace is provided.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
ORGANIC FARM NEW ZEALAND
Member since: November 2019
Organic Farm New Zealand (OFNZ) is located on a private estate located in the world-famous Fiordland region, a 30-minute drive from the nearest town of Te Anau.
Farming, Animals & Conservation