Organic Farm New Zealand
About the Position
Organic Farm New Zealand is located on a remote private estate in the beautiful Fiordland region, a 30-minute drive from the nearest town of Te Anau.
Bio-Gro certified since 2006, OFNZ produces custom-made, high-end, organic freeze-dried health foods and drinks primarily for export.
We are looking to hire a dedicated and reliable Kitchen Assistant to assist in our commercial kitchen with food preparation, basic cooking, washing and cleaning as required. An essential requirement is a passion for health food and cooking, as this will make your daily working routine more satisfying and rewarding.
As a Kitchen Assistant you will be responsible for the preparation, cooking and storage of food according to recipes and instructions. You will be responsible for looking after the areas you work in, making sure they are clean, tidy and well maintained at all times. You will have a sound awareness of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene rules and regulations and work in a manner which complies with them at all times.
You will be expected to work in a professional and organized manner, being flexible, positive, proactive, and efficient and will have sound communication skills to ensure outstanding products.
• Food preparation, primarily fresh fruits and vegetables from our onsite garden. Tasks include washing, scrubbing, peeling, cutting, and chopping.
• Basic cooking tasks such as: blanching, boiling, blending, steaming, frying, drying, etc.
• Attention to detail to ensure product quality meets required standard.
• Maintain high levels of personal hygiene and follow food safety rules
• Properly cleaning and sanitizing all food preparation areas according to established food safety standards
• Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
• Sweeping and mopping the production floors as well as wiping down kitchen walls.
• General cleaning of food processing facility and associated areas and equipment.
• Maintaining order throughout food processing facility, including storage of ingredients and final products.
• Wage earning experience in commercial kitchen or similar setting
• Experience with food preparation and cooking tasks
• Familiarity with basic kitchen equipment
• Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• The ability to stand for extended periods & lift heavy items
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail and responsibility to complete tasks successfully and within expected timeframes.
• Salary will be commensurate with education and experience
• Seasonal and full-time positions available
• Work holiday visa / legal right to work in NZ
• Multiple job openings available
• Health lifestyle, please no smoking
Please send CV and brief introductory email to
Daily transportation to and from workplace is provided.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
ORGANIC FARM NEW ZEALAND
Member since: November 2019
Organic Farm New Zealand (OFNZ) is located on a private estate located in the world-famous Fiordland region, a 30-minute drive from the nearest town of Te Anau.
Farming, Animals & Conservation