We require a full time worker to work as a Research Dairy Assistant on a fixed term contract (12 months) at one of our research dairy farms that is situated next to Lincoln township.
The research farm milks 200 cows through a 12 aside herringbone on an irrigated flat terrain.
As Dairy Assistant you will be responsible for herding, milking and the wellbeing of dairy cows while in the milking shed; stock handling; grazing management; irrigation and effluent management; weed and pest control. This role supports our research programmes and requires herding of multiple mobs and regular herd testing. The candidate must be prepared to work under rostered hours.
You won't necessarily have extensive dairy farming experience but you will have some experience or transferable skills that you can bring to this role.
To be successful in this role you will also have:
• an interest in learning;
• the ability to follow defined procedures, to record data accurately and to maintain clear and concise records as records;
• an understanding of the health and safety aspects of working on a dairy farm;
• a commitment to livestock health programs and achieving high levels of animal welfare;
• good organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
• be reliable.
• have your own transport and accommodation
Ideally we're looking for someone who can start immediately. Please note that accommodation is not provided with this position.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: August 2021