We are looking for a Poultry Farm Assistant to join our team. Someone friendly that works well in a team environment and able to work unsupervised. Someone with a positive ‘can-do attitude, is reliable and hard-working. If you’re a fast learner and know how to use your initiative, then you may be just the person we are looking for.
You will need to be available for full time work, 5 days per week (one day will be a weekend day). No poultry farming experience required.
The job will involve the raising and caring for free range hens to ensure the efficient production of a tasty high quality egg. You will be required to work efficiently and cohesively both individually and within a team environment, collecting eggs, feeding and monitoring bird health and welfare, whilst completing paperwork for welfare and quality assurance purposes.
To succeed at the position, you will need to be:
- Be self-motivated, work as a member of a team and individually.
- Have the ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and understand and record information in written form.
- Physically fit and able to lift stacks/cartons of eggs and crates of chickens.
- Have a proven ability as a farm worker in keeping with the responsibilities of this position.
- Have an understanding of and an interest in poultry farm work and livestock handling.
- Project a positive attitude towards the Company and its objectives.
Please note that a 90 day trial will apply.
Backpackers on a fixed term of 3+months welcome.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
On site power, cooking, shower & toilet facilities are freely available for employees.
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: December 2019
Farming, Animals & Conservation