Wharf Road is a very busy day time café in Coromandel Town. We are looking for a chef to join our talented & passionate kitchen team.
We are a driven & youthful team producing vibrant, contemporary café food, excellent coffee & friendly but relaxed table service. Wharf Road is a warm & modern space & we accommodate both locals & tourists for anything from coffee to lunch & a wine.
We are an experienced hospo crew & all love what we do: we’re excited to welcome someone who shares our vision to the team.
Our Head Chef is currently on maternity leave and we are looking for someone to come in and work alongside our current sous chef in running the kitchen. A minimum of 2 years proven experience in a cook to order kitchen is essential, and experience with a leadership role would be helpful to an applicant but is not essential. The right applicant will need to have some familiarity with ordering, managing stock levels & menu planning. but how much really depends on the other skills you bring with you and demonstrating an ability to learn. The successful candidate will need to be able to work through until July 2020, with an option to stay on as a permanent member of the team if all parties are happy. We can be flexible for the right person. There is plenty of opportunity for creativity with our regularly changing seasonal menu & one-off events.
What you can expect:
• Accommodation is provided for this role (if required)
• Two consecutive, rostered days off. We are all about good work / life balance.
• Competitive rates of pay & structured pay reviews. We look after our staff & reward hard work, commitment & reliability.
• No evenings, day time hours only
• No split shifts
• Plenty of opportunity for training & development
What we need:
• Great attitude
• Someone with plenty of experience of cook to order in a busy kitchen
• Reliability, commitment & passion for cookery
• Flexibility to change
• Great organizational skills
• A commitment to Coromandel Town as a location of work
If you are hard-working, reliable & love what you do then we want to hear from you. This could be for you!
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Wharf Road Cafe
Member since: January 2019
We are a driven & youthful team producing vibrant, contemporary café food, excellent coffee & friendly but relaxed table service. Wharf Road is a warm & modern space & we accommodate both locals & tourists for anything from coffee to lunch & wine.
Hospitality, Travel & Tourism