Epic Campers is a small owner-operated campervan rentals business based in Pt Chevalier, Auckland. We rent out a small fleet of modern 2-person campervans, operating from our converted double garage.
We pride ourselves on being genuinely passionate about our business and delivering top notch, personal service to our customers. Our approach is to treat our customers more as though they were friends, rather than people we’ve never met before. This makes our working style flexible, casual, and about as far away from a corporate job as you can get!
We’re looking for an exceptional operations assistant to help us scale up and take things to the next level.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience within a dynamic and tech savvy small business in the NZ tourism sector.
As our operations assistant you will be working with the founders, learning about and getting involved in just about every part of the day to day functioning of the business.
This will include:
- Handing over campervans to customers, showing them how everything works
- Checking, cleaning and preparing campervans
- Problem solving issues while customers are on the road
- Assisting with fitting campervan interiors (no experience required)
- Managing stock of parts, equipment and consumables
- Helping to improve and optimise business operations processes
- Assisting with and learning about marketing, sales and entrepreneurship (the founders are both marketers with 10+ years experience)
We’re looking for someone who’s a bit of an all rounder.
You’ll need to have attention to detail to prepare campervans, solid people skills to deal with customers, and the smarts to plan and prioritise your time and problem solve issues.
To be eligible for this role you should:
- Be a good problem solver, able to prioritise tasks in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Be a great communicator with solid people skills
- A good work ethic with attention to detail
- Have at least a year’s work experience in a dynamic operations or customer-facing role (tourism / hospo / events is a bonus)
- Be competent with common basic DIY tools e.g a drill / screws
- Have excellent spoken english and great written english
- Have a full clean driver's licence
- Have the right to work in NZ (sorry we are unable to offer sponsorship as it’s a contract role)
Also a bonus:
- An interest in travel, camping and campervans
- Having travelled / lived overseas
- Basic knowledge of motor vehicles and simple servicing tasks
Enjoying and being good at DIY / fixing things
- An entrepreneurial mindset and the desire to run your own business in the future
Working arrangements and pay:
You’ll be working as an independent contractor on a seven-month contract from around late September ‘19 to April ‘20, working 4-5 days per week
You’ll have some flexibility over when you work, but will need to be flexible and able to ensure campervans are turned around on-time, which could mean either an early start or a late finish
Basic rate of $22.5 / hour + bonuses
Attractive bonus paid at the end of the season, as well as performance related bonus
A week’s free camper rental! (plus more at a reduced rate)
Apply here: https://form.jotform.co/92370917483868
This job vacancy was been posted over 40 days ago, but is still active and currently accepting new applications.
Login or Register to Apply Online
Not already a member? Register for free and create your online resume to apply. If you are already registered or have applied for a vacancy before, you can login below.
Member since: September 2019